favorite things

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Weekend Files

I love weekends.  Weekends are for sleeping in late.  Tea and coffee.  Scrabble.  Chick lit books galore.  Weekends are for family.  It's when we de-stress, listen to Mom and Dad's "L.O.V.E" playlist and spend time together.  Weekends are when I get Jarvis out and take pictures most.

Saturday
I don't know if you know this about me, but I love complete breakfasts.
Not a piece of toast shoved down your throat when you're
headed out the door, but two different kinds of
smoothies, a cup of coffee in your favorite mug,
an omlette and bread enjoyed in the sunshine
with your family.  

Guitar practice under the pear tree in the back yard. 

I've been making my way through Nehemiah and
I just finished it yesterday.

Bible reading and picture taking in the hammock.
 Sunday

Blasting Christine Mcvie's "You Got a Hold on Me" from parent's
playlist, while packing for our Mothers' Day picnic.

Family outings aren't complete without food in my family.

We took a walk in the woods at the picnic sight.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I struggle to read that big ol' bible.

    I need to be better.

    I do.

    And I need to eat some food now, I blame your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't understand why I have this unexplainable inability to read my bible when it requires any effort on my part.

      Is it totally normal that I screamed and whacked my sister really hard on the arm when I saw that you commented on my blog?

      Delete
  2. There is nothing better than a weekend. And I am about to eat that sandwich off the computer screen. Looking mighty DELISH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a happy post. i just want to hang out with you all right now. and eat food and drink coffee and talk about babies. okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and talk in whale speak. I was just laughing about that the other day. I miss you. You should start planning good food to make me when I see you next, 'cause ya know, that'd be cool.

      Delete