favorite things

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Diaries of an Amateur Bargain Shopper

Yesterday, I was away from my family for nine hours and I shopped for seven of those hours.  Yesterday, I bought five great summer shirts.  Yesterday, I learned from an experienced shopper how dang fun shopping can really be.  Yesterday was a great day.

At 9:30 in the morning, I climbed in the car and we were off for our day of bargain hunting.  Mrs. B has been a thrifty shopper who loves to give, for as long as I can remember and I have always reaped the benefits of it.  She has used her gift of bargain shopping to bless her family and friends and I have always thought of it as some unattainable super power that I should look up to, but never expect to have.  I realized yesterday, that if I persistently shop in the clearance sections, come bearing coupons and continue to learn from Mrs. B, this could very well be a lifelong hobby! 

Lessons Learned:
  • Summer sandals are indeed very cute, but they do not provide enough arch support for approximately six and a half hours of standing and walking.  
  • Sometimes the sales aren't prime, but you can still learn a lot and have great fun with friendzies. 
  • It really is more fun to buy for other people.  My purchase for my sister made me three times as excited as my others.  
  • MacDonald's caramel frappes are a great reward after a day of shopping!
Total Value of Purchases:  $78.95
Amount I Payed:  $19.05, but only because my return at GAP was worth $11.94.  So $19.05 or $30.99, depending on how you think about it.
Amount I Saved:  $47.96

No comments:

Post a Comment