favorite things

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

This man really knows how to say things...

C.S. Lewis rocks; but then again, so does the God that I find he most often talks about!
"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."

"Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement."

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival."

"God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing."

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."

No comments:

Post a Comment