favorite things

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Earaches- Oh Joy!

A typical earache begins when a congested Eustachian tube-which runs from the back of the throat to the eardrum- can't regulate pressure or fluids in the ear. Pain starts when mucus or pus builds up behind the eardrum. The more fluid builds, the greater pressure and pain. -This information was found online, to my great disgust. I mean, who wants to know that mucus is gathering up in their ear? I certainly don't!

I went to bed last night with a throbbing ear, but I couldn't find the ear drops so I brushed it off and just went to bed. I woke up at 3 in the morning, hurting so badly that I got up and asked Mom where the ear drops were. She proceeded to be the best mom in the whole wide world by finally finding the ear drops, warming the oil up, making me a bed on the couch-so she didn't have to carry the oil all the way down the hall- and saying that she loved me and it didn't matter, when I apologized. All at 3 AM. Yeah, she's okay.

When I woke up at 9:30 this morning, Mom told me to go back to my own bed and sleep for another two hours. After so much sleep and the earache oil, my dang right ear is finally getting a better.

Happy, Eileen?

No comments:

Post a Comment